[Live-devel] media streaming and random access

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 10 10:45:26 PDT 2020

> On Aug 11, 2020, at 4:49 AM, Jim Ham <jimham at porcine.com> wrote:
>
>> I have just installed a new version (2020.08.10) of the code that should fix this.
> Fast work! I just tried it out, it new seeks and plays OK. There is an additional problem though. It seeks to the wrong place.

This is a problem just with this particular file - “Tanya.mkv” - not a problem with the media server or streaming in general.

You can see this if you just play this file using VLC locally - i.e., just as a file, not via streaming.  VLC thinks that the file is 10:22 long.  But in reality it contains only about 6:10 of content; i.e., it plays only until 6:10 before ending.

Specifically, the file contains a ‘Segment Duration’ tag that (incorrectly) says that the file contains 622.662048 seconds of content.

You need to fix this using whatever mechanism you used to create this “.mkv” file.