[Live-devel] Question about multi-rasp streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 10 13:30:55 PST 2020

> On Dec 11, 2020, at 9:14 AM, Zhang, David via live-devel <live-devel at us.live555.com> wrote:
>
> Recently I have met a problem when connecting multiple RTSP streams in our application. When I connect 9 streams, the application will work properly. But when I increase the number of streams to 10 or more, the streams will first run for a while(about capturing 3000 frames) and then all the streams get blocked and do not get next frame anymore. I am not sure why this happens.

You haven’t said anything about which part of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code you are using, and how.  However, problems like this are often caused by OS-imposed limits on the number of open sockets that can be used by an application; see  http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#scalability

Also, of course, make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the software; see http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#latest-version