[Live-devel] Question about multi-rasp streaming

Zhang, David zxinming at amazon.com
Fri Dec 11 16:16:53 PST 2020

Thanks for your response. I will provide more context here.

I followed the code in the testRTSPClient.cpp, and defines our own client as well as data sink. The current setup is I have a local device running ubuntu 18.04 and an ip camera(have two streams), both of them connecting to my router through cable. When I setup 9 or less subsessions from one stream, the application will capture frame and do something else. However, when I increase the number of subsessions to 10 or more(even 8 subsessions from stream 1 and 8 subsessions from stream2), after running a while, the connection of them all got disconnected and then they try to reconnect, but only several of them get reconnected, and this cause the whole stream blocked.

I even try to use openRTSP to have a stress test, and the result is only 10 subsessions, either from one stream or from two streams(the connected subsession is random), get connected and other ones report server 500 internal error.

I am not sure if this is a network problem or camera problem. I assume this does not result from application code. Looking forward to getting your response.

Thanks.

On 12/10/20, 1:38 PM, "live-devel on behalf of Ross Finlayson" <live-devel-bounces at us.live555.com on behalf of finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

    > On Dec 11, 2020, at 9:14 AM, Zhang, David via live-devel <live-devel at us.live555.com> wrote:
    >
    > Recently I have met a problem when connecting multiple RTSP streams in our application. When I connect 9 streams, the application will work properly. But when I increase the number of streams to 10 or more, the streams will first run for a while(about capturing 3000 frames) and then all the streams get blocked and do not get next frame anymore. I am not sure why this happens.

    You haven’t said anything about which part of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code you are using, and how.  However, problems like this are often caused by OS-imposed limits on the number of open sockets that can be used by an application; see  http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#scalability

    Also, of course, make sure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the software; see http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#latest-version