[Live-devel] Code sample to use the REGISTER command

[Project] Tran Minh Son tranminhson at hcmute.edu.vn
Tue Feb 4 10:12:04 PST 2020

Dear all,
I try to understand the usage of Register command. If I understand well the
purpose of this command, the RTSP server can receive the RTSP commands
(OPTION,DESCRIBE,SETUP,PLAY...) even it is located behind a NAT thanks to
the fact that it first sends a REGISTER to the RTSP Client , activating the
reuseConnection so that the RTSPClient can use the already established
socket to send back the conventional RTSP commands.

If my supposition is correct, then I can hardly find the source code for
that implementation. The registerRTSPStream among the test programs just
sends an URL to the RTSPclient to connect to another RTSPServer. Therefore
the option reuseConnection is nonsense, because the RTSP cannot reuse the
connection with registerRTSPStream to connect to another entity RTSPServer.

So please help me to understand / implement the Register command with
active reuseConnection to produce the RTSPServer capable NAT Traversal.

Many thanks