[Live-devel] Code sample to use the REGISTER command

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 7 11:39:08 PST 2020

> On Feb 8, 2020, at 4:08 AM, [Project] Tran Minh Son <tranminhson at hcmute.edu.vn> wrote:
>
> Hopefully the Live555 proxy (client side) also handles well the REGISTER as in openRTSP. ?

Yes, see our documentation at
	http://us.live555.com/proxyServer/
Note, in particular, the section "Proxying one or more 'advertised' back-end streams”

> I wonder if I put an openRTSP as a client to connect to the above live555 RTSP (the server side), what changes do I have to make to ensure that the openRTSP via live555 proxy can command and receive the stream from the TestOnDemandRTSPServer behind NAT ?

You won’t need to change “openRTSP”, or any other front-end RTSP client.

Note the “proxyURLSuffix” parameter to the “RTSPServer::registerStream()” function.  This (optional) parameter tells the proxy server what suffix to give in the URL for the front-end stream.  If you don’t give this parameter, then the proxy server will choose its own URL suffix.

Note that the proxy server will report (on stderr) the URL for the corresponding front-end stream, once it receives and handles the “REGISTER” command from the back-end server.  That’s how you’ll know when the stream becomes available for front-end clients to access.