[Live-devel] FYI: The "LIVE555 HLS Proxy"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 25 11:44:33 PST 2020

> On Feb 26, 2020, at 4:53 AM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:
>

> It’s raw UDP/RTP rather than RTSP, but this box should do what you need for testing:

No, it would need to be RTSP.

Why does this product not use RTSP - the IETF-standard control protocol for RTP streams?  It could probably quite easily use LIVE555’s RTSP server implementation (subject, of course, to the LGPL).

> This then opens a question I didn’t see addressed on your new web page: what does this program do for storage when the stream is basically never-ending, as with live TV?

It stores only the most recent 60 seconds of video (and keeps discarding already-recorded segments that are older than this).

This duration could be adjusted, if desired; it’s the constant OUR_HLS_REWIND_DURATION