[Live-devel] Could not play h265 video over mpeg-ts

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 29 07:55:15 PST 2020

> On Jan 29, 2020, at 4:46 AM, Avramoni, Sorin <sorin.avramoni at intel.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried your suggestion, I saved a h265 video and then I used testH265VideoToTransportStream demo application and I got a ts file but this one is played in slow motion somehow,

Please upload (to a publically-accessible web site) an example of an "in.265” file that came from your camera, and which you used with “testH265VideoToTransportStream”, and I’ll take a look at it (to see if there might be a problem in the way that we are packaging H.265 video into transport streams.

> Setting includeStartCodeInOutput to True does not help.

You don’t have a choice here.  If you are using a “H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer” to feed H.265 video NAL units (one at a time) into a Transport Stream, then you *must* set the “includeStartCodeInOutput" parameter (in "H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew()”) to True.  Also, the NAL units that you fed into “H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer” *must not* have start codes.