[Live-devel] waiting for SPS/PPS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 2 14:58:26 PDT 2020

> On Jul 3, 2020, at 7:08 AM, Matthew Czarnek <mczarnek at edge360.com> wrote:
>
> Heads up, the build instructions found here don't work: http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/#config-windows
>
> Visual Studio 2019 doesn't have a "Open Workspace" option. Or any other way of opening mak files that seems to do it.

Makefiles have been the standard way to develop systems software for almost 40 years now.  If “Visual Studio 2019” does not support Makefiles, then I’ll probably just remove (and undocument) all support for building this code on Windows.

(Support for building the code *for* Windows will likely remain, although even that isn’t guaranteed indefinitely.)