[Live-devel] What is the correct way to use OutPacketBuffer::increaseMaxSizeTo when fFrameSize > fMaxsize?

Matthew Czarnek mczarnek at edge360.com
Mon Jul 13 09:10:50 PDT 2020

You are saying I shouldn't be trying to stream frames that are that large,
but I get a frame that large from iframes that I'm reading from the file..
I saw in another post that large frames should be split into small NAL
packets. Is it possible to split that iframe into pieces using Live555? I
assume it's not as easy as just sending the bytes that weren't sent as the
next frame(s)?

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 7:17 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:

> > A frame comes in that has a size of 616969
>
> You shouldn’t be trying to stream frames this large.
>

> > Is there a way to increase fMaxSize midstream?
>
> “fMaxSize” is set by the downstream object (to specify the maximum size of
> the buffer that it provides, when it calls “getNextFrame()”).  To
> “doGetNextFrame()” (i.e., the handling by the upstream object), it is
> simply an ‘in’ variable, and so “doGetNextFrame()”  shouldn’t change it
> (and certainly shouldn’t increase it).
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/