[Live-devel] [live555] RTP sequence number is not continuous when video bitrate is high (for example: 8Mbps)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 29 04:33:14 PDT 2020

> On Jul 29, 2020, at 11:12 PM, Alexander Tumarov <alextai at servision.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> In the case of TCP should it suspend sending up to the point there is a space available instead of dropping RTP packets?

This would not be real-time streaming - the service that our RTSP/RTP server provides.  If you want your desired behavior (video transferred reliably to the destination, over a slower-speed connection) then you should record your video into file(s), and transfer them to the destination using HTTP (or “scp”, or “rsync”).

Once again, you need to reduce the bitrate of your video stream.  And you should not be streaming RTP-over-TCP (unless you happen to have a firewall - between your server and client - that blocks UDP packets).  RTP-over-UDP is more data efficient than RTP-over-TCP.