[Live-devel] Is there a way to have each pes packet with only 1 frame?

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Wed Jun 17 23:52:52 PDT 2020

Hello,

I am using a hls client to parse segment generated by "LIVE555 HLS Proxy".
And it requires that each pes packet to have only 1 frame in it in order to get each frame's pts.

I have checked [MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp].
In [InputESSourceRecord::afterGettingFrame1(..)], it seems that the pts in a PES packet is from the first frame's [presentationTime].
If there are several frames' that their size are smaller than the macro LOW_WATER_MARK(which is 1000), a PES packet will have multiple frames in it.
That means each frame should be larger than 1000 bytes in order to have 1 pes header(pts) for 1 frame.
I am wondering why it has a lower bound 1000 here.

If I want to give each frame's pts to hls client using segment generated by "LIVE555 HLS Proxy" but the frame from rtsp server has small frame size(<1000 bytes), is there a way to handle this?

Thanks,

Bruce Liang
Ability Enterprise Co., Ltd
*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.