[Live-devel] Is there a way to have each pes packet with only 1 frame?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jun 18 00:04:41 PDT 2020

> On Jun 18, 2020, at 6:52 PM, Bruce Liang <Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using a hls client to parse segment generated by "LIVE555 HLS Proxy".
> And it requires that each pes packet to have only 1 frame in it in order to get each frame's pts.

Is this restriction required by the HLS specification (or the MPEG Transport Stream specification)?  If not, then our HLS segments are not out of compliance, and thus your HLS client is buggy for not accepting them.  I’m not going to expend any energy dealing with someone else’s buggy code; instead, you should report this problem to the developer of your HLS client.

But if this restriction (no more than 1 frame per PES packet) is actually specified somewhere, then let me know.