[Live-devel] Potential memory leak and incomplete response if client disconnects while streaming HLS

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Tue Mar 10 05:05:59 PDT 2020

Hi,

I am sorry I did not say it clearly.

LIVE555 Media Server shows:
(We use port 8000 for optional RTSP-over-HTTP tunneling, or for HTTP live streaming (for indexed Transport Stream files only).)

So what I means is "for HTTP live streaming (for indexed Transport Stream files only)".

I apply the steps mentioned here to setup it:
http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#http-live-streaming
"As a special case, the server can also stream MPEG Transport Stream files to Macs, iPhones, and iPads, using Apple's "HTTP Live Streaming" mechanism. (A single server can stream the same file(s) using either RTSP/RTP (to standard RTSP/RTP clients such as VLC), or using HTTP (to "Safari" on Macs, iPhones, and iPads).)"

Thanks,

Bruce Liang
Ability Enterprise Co., Ltd
*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.