[Live-devel] Potential memory leak and incomplete response if client disconnects while streaming HLS

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Mar 10 07:06:50 PDT 2020

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I didn’t realize that anyone was actually using this obscure feature (HTTP access to indexed Transport Stream files).  (This was something that was implemented back in 2011, but then pretty much forgotten about, because nobody seemed to be using it.)

I might take a deeper look at your bug report, but be warned that I might instead end up just removing this functionality altogether, as it only works for some Transport Stream files, and we now implement proper HLS support - e.g., the “testH264VideoToHLSSegments” demo application, which converts a H.264 file to HLS segments, and, more significantly, the “LIVE555 HLS Proxy”, which converts an input RTSP stream into a set of HLS segments in real time; see
	http://www.live555.com/hlsProxy/