[Live-devel] Potential memory leak and incomplete response if client disconnects while streaming HLS

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Tue Mar 10 20:23:55 PDT 2020

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your reply.
I will check “LIVE555 HLS Proxy”.

I did test this functionality on live555MediaServer with .tsx file
but actually I didn't use .tsx file in my project.

I'm working on a project that use this feature by overwriting
RTSPServerSupportingHTTPStreaming::handleHTTPCmd_StreamingGET method.
And I took testH264VideoToHLSSegments as a reference to produce segment data.

It will be great if there is still an option(RTSPServerSupportingHTTPStreaming)
for sending HLS segment in a way which is relatively simple comparing to having a standalone webserver.

I will very much respect your decision.
And if you decide to keep this functionality after you review my bug report, I would appreciate. :)

Thanks,

Bruce Liang
Ability Enterprise Co., Ltd
*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.