[Live-devel] Expose RTP Timestamp as public in RTPSource

Lionel Koenig lionel.koenig at codemill.se
Tue May 12 07:05:00 PDT 2020

Hi,
In order to achieve very precise digital audio converter clock
synchronisation between server and client in a project I am currently
working on, I need to access the exact RTP timestamp of the last packet
from my MediaSink so I can precisely estimate the clock differences. Using
presentation  timestamps is subject to clock adjustment and therefore does
not provide enough precision on the digital to audio conversion of the
system generating those RTP packets.
Although u_int16_t curPacketRTPSeqNum() const is public, u_int32_t
curPacketRTPTimestamp() const is marked private
(liveMedia/include/RTPSource.hh line 89).
Would it be possible to mark this method public (remove line 89 in
liveMedia/include/RTPSource.hh) ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kind regards,
Lionel