[Live-devel] libssl and libcrypto libraries for Mac OS Big Sur?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 19 08:39:29 PST 2020

I’m trying to update the “config.macosx” file so that the LIVE555 code builds/links on Mac OS "Big Sur” (the latest Mac OS release).  However, I find that the “libssl” and “libcrypto” libraries no longer exist (or have perhaps moved).

On Mac OS Catalina (and perhaps earlier versions), these libraries were available as
	/usr/lib/libssl.46.dylib
and
	/usr/lib/libcrypto.44.dylib
However, in Mac OS Big Sur, these no longer exist.

Does anyone know where these libraries have gone, and how to get them back?