[Live-devel] openRTSP Require parameter

김성환(SungHwan Kim) sunghwan.k at hanwha.com
Thu Nov 26 02:30:16 PST 2020

Hi All,

I would like to know how to request a openRTSP command with "Require" parameter as OPTIONS.
Could you give me some advice?

I found the below article from RFC2326, but I have no idea how to apply this kind of option to openRTSP command.
12.32<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2326#section-12.32> Require

   The Require header is used by clients to query the server about

   options that it may or may not support. The server MUST respond to

   this header by using the Unsupported header to negatively acknowledge

   those options which are NOT supported.

     This is to make sure that the client-server interaction will

     proceed without delay when all options are understood by both

     sides, and only slow down if options are not understood (as in the

     case above). For a well-matched client-server pair, the interaction

     proceeds quickly, saving a round-trip often required by negotiation

     mechanisms. In addition, it also removes state ambiguity when the

     client requires features that the server does not understand.

   Require =   "Require" ":"  1#option-tag

   Example:

     C->S:   SETUP rtsp://server.com/foo/bar/baz.rm RTSP/1.0

             CSeq: 302

             Require: funky-feature

             Funky-Parameter: funkystuff

     S->C:   RTSP/1.0 551 Option not supported

             CSeq: 302

             Unsupported: funky-feature

     C->S:   SETUP rtsp://server.com/foo/bar/baz.rm RTSP/1.0

             CSeq: 303

     S->C:   RTSP/1.0 200 OK

             CSeq: 303

Thank you.
Best regards,
SungHwan

SungHwan Kim  | Technical Support Engineer | Hanwha Techwin Europe