[Live-devel] openRTSP Require parameter

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 26 03:14:09 PST 2020

SungHwan,

We don’t support the “Require:” header in “openRTSP” (or in our RTSP client implementation in general), as it is rarely, if ever, used.  I know of no RTSP server that recognizes/handles this header.

What specific feature do you want to ask for (in a “Require:” header in a “SETUP” request)?  And are you sure that the RTSP server(s) that you plan to use will handle this?

However, if you *really* want to try sending a “Require:” header in each “SETUP” request, you could do so by modifying the implementation of the "RTSPClient::setRequestFields()” function.  E.g., change lines 742-744 of “liveMedia/RTSPClient.cpp” from:
	extraHeaders = new char[transportSize + strlen(sessionStr) + strlen(blocksizeStr) + strlen(keyMgmtStr) + 1];
	extraHeadersWereAllocated = True;
	sprintf(extraHeaders, "%s%s%s%s", transportStr, sessionStr, blocksizeStr, keyMgmtStr);
to:
	char const* requireHeader = "Require: funky-feature\r\n”; // change this to use the actual feature name that you want
	extraHeaders = new char[transportSize + strlen(sessionStr) + strlen(blocksizeStr) + strlen(keyMgmtStr) + strlen(requireHeader ) + 1];
	extraHeadersWereAllocated = True;
	sprintf(extraHeaders, "%s%s%s%s%s", transportStr, sessionStr, blocksizeStr, keyMgmtStr, requireHeader);