[Live-devel] Record a H265 stream from IP camera to file

Nicolas Julien nicolas.julien at cdvi.com
Fri Sep 11 01:52:08 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm testing openRTSP to read an IP camera stream and record the stream in a file.
I'm working under Win 7.
When the stream come from an old camera (mpeg stream), all is fine.

But, when I use a camera with H265 stream format, I obtain warning and error :

1) on SETUP function call : Warning: we don't implement a QuickTime Video Media Data Type for the "H265" track, so we'll insert a dummy "????" Media Data Atom instead.  A separate, codec-specific editing pass will be needed before this track can be played.

2) 500 internal error when function PLAY is called

When I test the same rtsp link with VLC, it is working.

The link :

openrtsp -b 200000 -u admin admin -v -d 10 -4 -w 2560 -h 1440 -f 15 rtsp://192.168.1.64:554/Streaming/Tracks/101?transportmode=unicast&replaymode=onvifreplay > video.mp4

I obtain this replay link with onvif commands send to the camera.

Any idea why this is not working?

Thanks,
Nicolas