[Live-devel] Valgrind uninitialised values inside live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 23 10:10:27 PDT 2021

OK, I think I’ve now figured out what’s going on.  The call to “recvfrom()” is not filling in the ‘from’ address because - in this case - it’s being called on a stream socket (because you’re receiving RTP/RTCP-over-TCP).  We can expect “recvfrom()” to fill in the ‘from’ address only when it’s called on a datagram socket.

I will shortly be installing another version of the code that should - I hope - finally eliminate your ‘valgrind’ errors.  Stay tuned...