[Live-devel] Multicast over RTSP

DJM-Avalesta david.myers at avalesta.com
Wed Feb 10 10:17:01 PST 2021

Hi,

My live555-based RTSP video server is not working for multicast streams
when accessed from VLC via an RTSP URL such as:

rtsp://10.100.10.71:554/Stream0

When I use wireshark to view the IGMP packets I notice that the
following line is missing from the Session Description protocol returned
to the caller:

Session Attribute (a): source-filter: incl IN IP4 224.180.10.71
10.100.10.71

Do I somehow have to enable IGMPv3 to get this to work?

When I use an SDP file from VLC, it works perfectly, but for ONVIF use,
I need it to work purely from an RTSP URL.

Best regards

DaveM