[Live-devel] Multiple session TEARDOWN issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 29 14:07:49 PDT 2021

> On Jun 29, 2021, at 11:34 AM, Jose Maria Infanzon <jose.infanzon at digitalmotus.io> wrote:
> I've ran the same test with the latest source and I'm able to see the issue. When VLC sends a TEARDONW, OpenRTSP (only playing video channel) stops as well due that Live555 proxyserver sends a PAUSE command.

Thanks for the report.  The proxy server is actually behaving correctly here; the RTSP “PAUSE” command that it sends (to the back-end server, after you close the VLC client) is just for the audio substream - because that is no longer needed.  However, your server is apparently mishandling this “PAUSE” command by pausing the video stream as well.

Because this is likely to be a common problem - and because the substream-specific “PAUSE” command isn’t really needed - I’ve released a new version (2021.06.29) of the LIVE555 code that no longer sends a substream-specific “PAUSE” command in this case.  This should solve your problem.