[Live-devel] Bug report: crash when RTSP register/deregister

Mario.Takeuchi at sony.com Mario.Takeuchi at sony.com
Mon May 17 02:04:10 PDT 2021

Hello,

We found a crash problem in liblivemedia (2018.02.18-1) packaged for Ubuntu Bionic.
It's a bit old version, but I think it has not been fixed in the latest version.

I will explain the detail of the problem here.
The cause is that RTSPClientConnection instance has been deleted when Deregister command is handled.
This is the flow of OK cases.
1. A connection is established and Deregister command come on it.
2. Deregister command handling is scheduled.
3. Do handling the Deregister command
4. The connection is closed.

In the NG case, the order of 3 and 4 is swapped, and the connection is closed before the command is handled.

I attached a patch to explain the cause and fix on the code.

Best Regards,
Mario