[Live-devel] IP cameras, DHCP and IPv6

Ulrich Teichert ulrich.teichert at luminator.com
Mon Oct 18 02:08:30 PDT 2021

Hi,

>Yes, this IP camera is probably doing the wrong thing by specifying an IPv4 address in its “o=“ line, but an IPv6 address in its “c=“ line.  But our >code doesn’t even look at the “o=“ line; it cares only about the “c=“ line.

Yeah, I've seen that code during the tracing session to understand what went wrong.

>In this case, the IP camera is telling the client (via the “c=“ line) that it expects to be contacted via IPv6.  If the IP camera is not, in fact, reachable >via IPv6, then this is a bug in the IP camera; you should contact the manufacturer of that camera, asking them to fix their bug.  This has nothing to >do with us.

I've already opened up a support ticket, yes.

>Remember: The IP camera is something that you have paid money for, so its manufacturer is under some obligation to you.  The LIVE555 software >is something that you have paid nothing for, so we are under no obligation to do anything to accommodate this buggy server.

Of course not. I fully understand your point. The problem is that our client refuses to upgrade the camera
firmware (please don't ask....), so I wanted to know if manipulating the SDP lines before calling
MediaSession::createNew would be a supported interface,

TIA,
Uli
Ulrich Teichert
Sr. Software Engineer, Technology Development Center VSS
Luminator Technology Group
P: +49 (4321) 539895-13
ulrich.teichert at luminator.com
https://www.luminator.com

LTG Rastatt GmbH | Office Neumünster Oderstrasse 47 | DE - 24539 Neumünster
Geschäftsführer: Roald Gréboval, Hans-Joachim Reich | Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-76437 Rastatt, Amtsgericht: Mannheim, HRB 521501
USt.-IdNr: DE144752608, Steuer-Nr: 39487/30502