[Live-devel] .mkv and Quick Time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 26 22:56:37 PDT 2021

> On Oct 27, 2021, at 6:31 PM, Jim Ham <jimham at porcine.com> wrote:
>
> I've been testing our (your) server with users, apparently Quick Time no longer supports .mkv files. VLC works fine on a Mac. What's up with Apple?

Can you clarify what you mean here?

When you say "Quick Time no longer supports .mkv files”, do you mean that:
	“Apple's QuickTime Player client application no longer plays RTSP/RTP streams that happen to originate from .mkv files served by our RTSP server”?

If that’s the case, then does the QuickTime Player client play RTSP/RTP streams that originate from any *other* kind of file served by our RTSP server?  Does the QuickTime Player client currently play any RTSP/RTP streams at all??

Are you simply saying that on our web page here
	http://live555.com/mediaServer/
we should no longer list “QuickTime Player” as being one of the "standards-compliant RTSP/RTP media clients”?