[Live-devel] Failed to Setup RTSP Session

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 22 00:37:44 PST 2022

> On Dec 22, 2022, at 9:30 PM, Arjav Parikh <arjav.parikh at vvdntech.in> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am using the RTSP server on an IP camera to render my camera streams. I am testing using vlc and ffplay client to connect to the RTSP server running on my camera.
>
> I have observed that for Low FPS and GOP the RTSP session fails.
> Ex: FPS is set as 4 and GOP is set as 120 then many times I observe below errors in verbose prints enable for vlc -
> live555 demux error: Failed to connect with rtsp://192.168.1.157:554/main_stream
> satip stream error: Failed to setup RTSP session
>
> On analysing VLC logs and wireshark packets it is observed that RTSP server do not send any response for DESCRIBE.
>
> I have verified by dumping frames into a file and with testOnDemandRTSPServer
> able to stream the file with such configurations. Also using the same RTSP server code in different SOC also works.
>
> Can anyone suggest where to debug this?

Rather than using VLC (which is not our software, even though it uses our software as its RTSP client), I suggest using our command-line RTSP client “openRTSP”, which is included in the LIVE555 software (in the “testProgs” directory.  See:
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/

Just run:
	openRTSP rtsp://192.168.1.157:554/main_stream
and see what happens.