[Live-devel] Failed to Setup RTSP Session

Arjav Parikh arjav.parikh at vvdntech.in
Thu Dec 22 01:53:38 PST 2022

Hi Ross,

I tried with openRTSP client and able to connect in the mentioned scenarios
but what I observed is that the response for DESCRIBE from RTSP server
comes with a lot of delay; in such scenario openRTSP waits for the response
whereas other rtsp clients like vlc/ffplay do not wait and terminate. Can
we do something at the RTSP server side to handle this scenario as in
general scenario people use vlc as preferred rtsp client.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 2:19 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:

> > On Dec 22, 2022, at 9:30 PM, Arjav Parikh <arjav.parikh at vvdntech.in>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I am using the RTSP server on an IP camera to render my camera streams.
> I am testing using vlc and ffplay client to connect to the RTSP server
> running on my camera.
> >
> > I have observed that for Low FPS and GOP the RTSP session fails.
> > Ex: FPS is set as 4 and GOP is set as 120 then many times I observe
> below errors in verbose prints enable for vlc -
> > live555 demux error: Failed to connect with rtsp://
> 192.168.1.157:554/main_stream
> > satip stream error: Failed to setup RTSP session
> >
> > On analysing VLC logs and wireshark packets it is observed that RTSP
> server do not send any response for DESCRIBE.
> >
> > I have verified by dumping frames into a file and with
> testOnDemandRTSPServer
> > able to stream the file with such configurations. Also using the same
> RTSP server code in different SOC also works.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest where to debug this?
>
> Rather than using VLC (which is not our software, even though it uses our
> software as its RTSP client), I suggest using our command-line RTSP client
> “openRTSP”, which is included in the LIVE555 software (in the “testProgs”
> directory.  See:
>         http://live555.com/openRTSP/
>
> Just run:
>         openRTSP rtsp://192.168.1.157:554/main_stream
> and see what happens.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

_Disclaimer: _© 2022 VVDN Technologies Pvt. Ltd. This e-mail contains
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to
copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful.
__
_
_
_