[Live-devel] compilation issue / vcpkg / windows

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 4 02:50:51 PST 2022

> On Feb 4, 2022, at 11:46 PM, g.jaegy <g.jaegy at imagine3d.fr> wrote:
>
> OK. Possibly one could also fix the error by using alloca(), possibly leading to the same result ?

Unfortunately I’m disinclined to use “alloca()”, because “man alloca” (at least on FreeBSD) says:
	The alloca() function is machine and compiler dependent; its use is discouraged.

We could also get around this by allocating a fixed-size 65536-byte buffer instead, as this is the maximum possible size of a UDP (and thus RTP) packet.  I might end up doing this in a future release of the software.