[Live-devel] compilation issue / vcpkg / windows

g.jaegy g.jaegy at imagine3d.fr
Fri Feb 4 08:45:48 PST 2022

Possibly a solution indeed. At least I think it's a bit of a shame to rule out VC++ because of such a tiny thing !

Anyway, your lib is really great. I've managed to integrated it in a day (dirty prototype, I admit ;)). I now have a proper integrated RTSP server (based on testH265VideoStreamer.cpp), with a custom source (based on DeviceSource.cpp) which send down NALUs produced by NVEnc (without the NALUs start codes, thanks for your message). I'm using H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer instead of the H265VideoStreamFramer used in the example.

And it all works, quality is way better than what I managed to achieve using ffmpeg (packet loss is way lower, even when using multicast, possibly because live555 allowed me to configure the buffer size and has a better send scheme - I assume, haven't dug in the internals that much). Very stable, magically stable actually !

Only issue I have, when connecting a second client, the video on the first client stops one second later, basically the picture is not updated anymore. VLC statistics still shows newly decoded blocks and displayed frame, time increases, but the picture doesn't change on that first client. I'm using multicast sockets (same as in example). Maybe you have an idea ?