[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Victor Vitkovskiy victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com
Sun Feb 6 23:46:15 PST 2022

Hello Ross,

I have one question related to the RTSP server transport support, could you please help me?

Currently when I create RTSP server with several sessions based on OnDemandServerMediaSubsession, seems that RTSP server supports any transport that client wants - it can be RTP over UDP or RTP over RTSP, all depends on client itself (what it will specify in SETUP->Transport header).
Is there any setting inside RTSP server that can limit a list of supported transports?

Also, it is possible to tunnel RTSP session over HTTP / HTTPS, but seems that this can work only in addition for non-HTTP/HTTPS server and we can't host only HTTP / HTTPS, is that true?

Best regards,
Victor Vitkovskiy
Senior software developer
mailto: victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com