[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 7 01:47:48 PST 2022

> On Feb 7, 2022, at 10:25 PM, Victor Vitkovskiy <victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> Thank you for your answers.
> Related to HTTPS support - I have found this method for RTSP server - setTLSState where we need to specify certificate and private keys.
> So, this is not related to HTTPS or this is not working currently?

The “setTLSState()” function is used to set up the server (with a certificate and private key) to accept RTSP connections/commands over TLS (instead of just TCP).  It is also used to (optionally) allow the server to stream SRTP (secure RTP, over UDP).  (This functionality hasn’t been fully tested yet, which is why I haven’t yet said much about it.)

At present, RTSP-over-HTTPS is not supported; just RTSP-over-TLS.