[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Victor Vitkovskiy victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com
Mon Feb 7 02:04:21 PST 2022

Hello Ross,

Actually, we have a requirement to support at least some secured streaming variant, so if we can use RTSP over TLS it will be good even if HTTPS is not supported.
Could you please advise me how I can use this TLS?

On server side I should call this:
rtspServer->setTLSState("d:\\cert\\certificate.crt", "d:\\cert\\privatekey.key", true);
is this correct?

I also have found on RTSP client side only this:
rtspClient->useTLS();
but when I launch RTSP server with TLS enabled, client just shows this and exit:
Created new TCP socket 244 for connection
Connecting to 127.0.0.1, port 8554 on socket 244...
[URL:"rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/h264ESVideoTest1"]: Failed to get a SDP description: liveMedia0
[URL:"rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/h264ESVideoTest1"]: Closing the stream.

Could you please tell me how to properly configure RTSP server and client to use TLS?

Best regards,
Victor Vitkovskiy
Senior software developer
mailto: victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com