[Live-devel] compilation issue / vcpkg / windows

g.jaegy g.jaegy at imagine3d.fr
Mon Feb 14 06:46:02 PST 2022

Actually, I set fPresentationTime to the application time (time got using QPC, which I saw is also used in gettimeofday()) at which the initial frame was captured. So, it should be consistent and increasing. All NALUs composing a single frame have the same presentation time, is that incorrect ? I will try to call gettimeofday() and use the value return when sending each single NALUs instead of my "saved time"

This is basically what happens. In the video, you can see the two clients (two different PCs), getting the stream from a third PC. When playing the stream on the first client, no problem (once buffering is diong its job). When starting the stream on the second client, one can see the first one pauses:

https://youtu.be/gLqlbUjH3Y4

Some further investigation shows that playing time shown by VLC briefly jumps from 0:00:xx to 5:xx:xx on the first client when starting the second client, and then goes back to the original value.

https://youtu.be/NmfqCkLP1PM