[Live-devel] [Mirasys] Live555 RTSP server questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 14 07:11:59 PST 2022

> On Jan 15, 2022, at 2:42 AM, Victor Vitkovskiy <victor.vitkovskiy at mirasys.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> I was able to create H.264 / 265 streams from my sources, it works fine now even for several URI's and clients.
> Could you please advise me how to stream xml metadata?
>
> What RTPSink and Framer I should use for this?

Is this ‘ONVIF’-type metadata?  If so, then you would use a “SimpleRTPSink”, as described here:
	http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2021-August/021953.html

If your metadata is being streamed along with a H.264 (or H.265) video stream, then your “ServerMediaSession” would contain two “ServerMediaSubsession” objects - one for the video track, one for the metadata track.  It’s important that the “fPresentationTime” values set by each of your “FramedSource” subclass objects (for the video track, and for the metadata track) be accurate, and aligned with ‘wall clock’ time (the times that you’d get by calling “gettimeoffday()”).