[Live-devel] Truncated I-Frames

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 21 11:48:04 PDT 2022

> On Jul 21, 2022, at 9:29 AM, Curtis Jones <curtis at symphonicsys.com> wrote:
>
> I've noticed an RTSP streaming issue with a Reolink camera running v2020.08.12

I presume you mean that it’s running the ***LIVE555 Streaming Media software*** version 2020.08.12

Sorry, but we support only the latest version of the code.

Have you contacted the manufacturer of this camera?  You should remind them that - under the terms of the LGPL - they are required to, upon request, upgrade the camera to support the latest version of the LIVE555 code, or else provide a way for you to perform this upgrade yourself.

> where it seems an I-Frame is truncated and the next dependent frame begins unexpectedly. Specifically, I would expect to see a fragmentation unit with an end bit set before the next fragmentation unit with a start bit

Yes, fragmentation units should be implemented according to RFC 6184, section 5.8.  Our server code has done this correctly for several years.  (Are you sure that you’re not just seeing network packet loss here?)