[Live-devel] Getting the h264 video bytes

stevee stevee at fusionproc.com
Fri Mar 25 06:33:26 PDT 2022

Hello, I have been looking at and compiling the test apps for a few days
and trying to work out the general structure of the libraries.

I am wishing to look at the video stream bytes from an IP camera in
order to generate some statistics on it. I have compiled the test proxy
which works just great at forwarding the RTSP stream to a player.

My main issue is working out what strategy I should be using to get to
the sink bytes but essentially I keep running into the problems whereby
whatever class I override needs private members of base classes to
access the data. I think its just my unfamiliarity with the library and
RTSP in general.

I have overridden the proxy's transcoding table and trying to insert a
new overridden FramedFilter so that I could call getNextFrame and handle
the doGetNextFrame by simply passing the data along.

Is that the way to do it, or should I split the stream with a replicator
and then create my own sink and dump the data after looking at it ?

Or is it possible to iterate through the existing proxy subsessions and
find the video one and acceess its sink & data in some way ?

What is the easiest method. The statistics I would like would be to
count the bytes per frame or nal for various cameras under certain test
conditions, ideally for any video compression format, but if it were
just H264 then that would likely be ok.