[Live-devel] Getting the h264 video bytes

stevee stevee at fusionproc.com
Fri Mar 25 11:34:11 PDT 2022

Thankyou Ross, your answer has solved the issue.

To answer your question first - yes I needed to show the playback so
that people can watch the stream and we can analyze the stats based on
what they saw and match it against their experience of the quality at
specific points in the stream.

I compiled up the test Client previously and got that going with the
stream data access because in the test Client example it goes through
the process of setting up the subsession streams which in turn give
access to the sink. But the Client does not export the video out for a
player so moving on to the proxy that is better. But the proxy creates
the client for you buried down the class hierarchy and then its hard to
figure out how to override and hook into that in the same way that the
test Client example shown.

By telling me that using the transcode filter was the correct way, it
cut down the options from a lot to this one and, homing in on that since
your last post, I have now got the filter working and have access to the
data block bytes. So I am all good now !

The library and all of its classes are well written and work amazingly
well. But with only Doxygen class diagrams its so hard to know the
higher level strategy and direction one has to pick from the myriad to
know how to get a problem solved. With more familiarity of all of the
classes and API calls I am sure it would be no problem.

Thanks again.