[Live-devel] HEVC RTSP Client can only get 1/3 of the frame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 6 08:19:34 PDT 2023

> On Apr 6, 2023, at 11:38 PM, Firdaus.Muhammad <Firdaus.Muhammad at isapsolution.com> wrote:
>
> After trying to understand the logic to decode the frame, finally my decoder can accept the rtp data simply by adding first 4 bytes of the buffer with 0001 data before sending or doing the merging.
> I suppose that first 4 bytes is where the rtp header stored

No, the 4 bytes (0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01) that *some* decoders need to have prepended in order to decode H.264/H.265 video has nothing at all to do with the (12-byte) RTP header that was part of the data that was transmitted over the Internet.  And that RTP header was automatically added by the sending server, and removed by the receiving client (in the LIVE555 library code).  There’s nothing in the RTP header that you (as a receiving client) need.

>  My question, how to get this raw RTP header data?

You don’t.  As I noted above, there’s nothing in this data that you need.

> I need to debug more cameras rtp header data since some of them don't send SEI_PREFIX nal type (39).

The “nal_unit_type” is already at the beginning of the received H.264/H.265 payload.

Information about how to decode H.264/H.265 video is outside the scope of this mailing list.