[Live-devel] UC Bug Report (+solution) - RTSP server crashes during multi-subsession stream if only 1 subsession SETUP called

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 19 10:42:34 PDT 2023

Thomas,

Thanks for the note.  There might well be a bug in the code, but your suggested fix is not the correct solution.  The reason for this is that I want the server code to process each "fStreamStates[i].subsession” even if the corresponding "fStreamStates[i].streamToken” is NULL - i.e., even if the subsession has not been “SETUP” by the client.  For example, there might be medium/track-specific state that needs to be updated (e.g., when seeking), even though that particular medium/track is not currently being streamed.

If there is a bug, then it appears to be that some function - called by the “RTSPServer” code - is not checking whether the “streamToken” parameter is NULL before trying to access it.

So, could you please tell me where, specifically, this is happening for you?  I.e., where in the code a NULL “streamToken” parameter is trying to be accessed?

But first…

> as my source might not be the absolute latest.

You should really update to the latest version of the code, as this includes several (other) bugfixes, including possible security vulnerabilities that especially affect the RTSP server.  See:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#latest-version
and
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#old-versions