[Live-devel] RTP over TCP video stream break problem

Андрій Олексійович Радченко aoradchenko.fshn22 at kubg.edu.ua
Wed Aug 9 03:03:08 PDT 2023

The problem isn't with the network, but with the likelihood that the client
or even the network itself might glitch. Can we really expect a system
that's working fine now to continue operating smoothly in the coming days?
And if such a glitch occurs, we get a closed stream instead of a recovery,
even though recovery is entirely possible, and what's more, it works if the
server doesn't close the stream. That's what I'm trying to say.

Of course, we can close the entire session, and then start it again.
However, in the event of a prolonged glitch, a lot of data will be lost
(this is important for surveillance systems, for example) due to constant
reconnections. In this context, simply not closing the stream seems a much
better option than reconnecting. So, my final question: what critical thing
could happen if we don't close such a stream but continue to work with it?

ср, 9 серп. 2023 р. о 12:23 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> пише: