[Live-devel] RTP over TCP video stream break problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Aug 9 02:16:38 PDT 2023

> On Aug 9, 2023, at 6:14 PM, Андрій Олексійович Радченко <aoradchenko.fshn22 at kubg.edu.ua> wrote:
>
> Yes, but there is no answer why live555 has to close the stream when it can't send it over TCP.

The comments in the code for “sendDataOverTCP()” explain this very clearly:

        // The blocking "send()" failed, or timed out.  In either case, we assume that the
	// TCP connection has failed (or is 'hanging' indefinitely), and we stop using it
	// (for both RTP and RTP).
	// (If we kept using the socket here, the RTP or RTCP packet write would be in an
	//  incomplete, inconsistent state.)

But again, your real problem is that you are trying to send data at a rate that exceeds the capacity of your network.  You need to stop doing that.