[Live-devel] Getting jitter value

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 1 08:37:38 PST 2023

> On Dec 2, 2023, at 5:19 AM, Ayik Ahmet <a.ayik at constantrobotics.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, thank you for responses they helped me a lot. However I came up with a new question. I would like to get number of clients.

The way I’d do this is not by looking at RTCP ’transmission statistics' (because they’re not always reliable/up-to-date, because some clients might not send back RTCP “RR”s, or they might get lost or blocked).  Instead, I’d simply count the number of “ClientSession” objects.  (Note, *not* the number of “ClientConnection” objects, because it is possible for a RTSP client to close its TCP connection even while it is still receiving RTP packets, or even to use more than one TCP connection for the same client session.)

Just call:
	yourServer->numClientSessions()
to get this count.