Handle multiple I/P slices

R, Ranjith Ranjith.R at Honeywell.com
Sat Jan 28 07:24:49 PST 2023

Hi Team ,

We are using Live555 library as a RTSP client in our CCTV product.
Recently we integrated a new camera where we are getting two I/P frames with the same timestamp.

When we further analyze, this specific camera is setting FU header end bit in middle of a frame.
Suppose a single I frame is sent as 90 FUs, 45th FU end bit is set and again on 90th FU end bit is set and RTP header marker bit set.

We checked the Live555 code, in H264VideoRTPSource.cpp, processSpecialHeader() function set the fCurrentPacketCompletesFrame flag based on two condition
1) FU header end bit is set
2) Current FU is complete NAL unit

Because of this logic we are getting two I/P frames with same timestamp.

We noticed other third party libraries(ffmpeg) are able to decode and play this data.

But our system depends on many places I frame logic
For example, we play only in reverse I frame, saving a single GOP data depends on I Frame.
We are not able to handle this data.
Can we set the fCurrentPacketCompletesFrame flag only if marker bit of RTP header is set ?

Any other suggestion from your side ?

Please share your input.

Thanks and Regards,
Ranjith