Live555 HLS Proxy to Web Server

Hunter Chisholm hunter at pscle.com
Wed Mar 8 07:04:44 PST 2023

Hi.

I think I am missing something very basic here but I can't find the answer on the web. I have a live h.264 IP camera stream being read by live555HLSProxy and an Nginx caching proxy server and web server. What I can't figure out is how to get the HLSProxy output to the Nginx server. Assume Nginx is setup correctly, or will be once I figure out the link between HLS Proxy and www server. Here are the details.

Command based on:
<path-to-live555-software>/live/hlsProxy/live555HLSProxy <rtsp://-url-of-your-RTSP-stream> <HLS-prefix>

/usr/local/bin/live555HLSProxy rtsp://user:pass@67.x.x.x:4300/s2 test

This is the result of above:

LIVE555 HLS Proxy, documented at http://www.live555.com/hlsProxy/
	(LIVE555 Streaming Media version 2023.01.19)
[URL:"rtsp://user:pass@132.x.x.x:4300/s2/"]: Initiated the "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" subsession
[URL:"rtsp://user:pass@132.x.x.x:4300/s2/"]: Set up the "audio/MPEG4-GENERIC" subsession
[URL:"rtsp://user:pass@132.x.x.x:4300/s2/"]: Initiated the "video/H264" subsession
[URL:"rtsp://user:pass@132.x.x.x:4300/s2/"] Set up the "video/H264" subsession
Beginning to read...
[URL:"rtsp://user:pass@132.x.x.x:4300/s2/"]: Started playing session...

On the Nginx side I have a proxy cache block setup to receive the RTMP stream from HLS Proxy on port 1935 and a server block to make it available to a browser. I have worked with the SOUT function in VLC for other streaming projects and I have FFMPEG examples of sending the RTMP stream but coming up short in HLS Proxy.

What am I missing here? Is there an example of the flow from HLS Proxy > Nginx (or Apache for that matter).