[Live-devel] Proxy server disconnection and reconnection

Flavio Alves flavio.alves at vitalintelligencedata.com
Fri May 19 15:11:05 PDT 2023

Hello,

I am trying to do the following test using live555ProxyServer:

-- Setup:
* Camera: RTSP server on Raspberry Pi with HQ camera and running mediamtx
server
* live555ProxyServer
* ffplay as client

-- Procedure:
* Start the camera
* Start live555ProxyServer
* Start ffplay

So far, no problem at all.

Then, I force the end of live555ProxyServer. ffplay does not stop, but
stops working, as expected.
When I start again live555ProxyServer, it starts normally.

Then I stop ffplay and try to connect again. I get this error:

Connection to tcp://192.168.100.123:8554?timeout=0 failed: Connection
refused
rtsp://192.168.100.123:8554/proxyStream: Connection refused

I need to wait for some time and restart live555ProxyServer to get it
running again.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this?

Best regards,

Flavio