[Live-devel] Retrieving progress / status

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 20 03:52:47 PDT 2023

> On Oct 20, 2023, at 12:23 PM, Andy Hawkins <Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The backend RTSP URL is provided by the user, so if they get this wrong I want to provide them with feedback as to what might be going wrong. Things like connection timed out (they've provided the wrong host name or maybe there's a firewall in the way), connection refused (they've probably provided the wrong port), DESCRIBE returning 404 (they've provided the wrong path part in the URL).

If you want to handle a failed “DESCRIBE” in a special way (depending on the result code), then you could modify the
	static void continueAfterDESCRIBE()
function (“ProxyServerMediaSession.cpp”, line 197).  But, of course, I don’t recommend this, and you’re on your own (at least, ‘for free’ on this mailing list) if you do this.