[Live-devel] Retrieving progress / status

Andy Hawkins Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com
Fri Oct 20 03:23:26 PDT 2023

Hi,

The backend RTSP URL is provided by the user, so if they get this wrong I want to provide them with feedback as to what might be going wrong. Things like connection timed out (they've provided the wrong host name or maybe there's a firewall in the way), connection refused (they've probably provided the wrong port), DESCRIBE returning 404 (they've provided the wrong path part in the URL).

I don't want these just appearing on stdout / stderr, and if I were to capture them using the streaming operator overloads in a class derived from UsageEnvironment, then there'd be no way to tie these to a particular proxy connection (I expect to be proxying a number of 'source' RTSP servers to different URLs locally).

I had a look at subclassing ProxyServerMediaSubsession, but there don't appear to be any useful virtual functions in that class that I could override.

I did also consider modifying the existing classes, but obviously that's the least attractive option.

Thanks

Andy

Andy Hawkins

Senior Software
  Engineer

Office:

+44 1635 35111

Email:

andy.hawkins at uniguest.com

Address:

64 Greenham Road, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 7HX UK

UNIGUEST.COM