[Live-devel] [External] Re: Randomly I Frame missed for high bitrate cameras

dan_desjardins dan.desjardins at videstra.com
Wed Jan 3 05:05:58 PST 2024

I apologize if this doesn't make sense in your implementation, but if the device mfg does not have (or want to give you) a way to slice large packets - another approach might be to set the compression on the camera much higher. I've not run into a camera or encoder that does not have some form of adjustable compression setting.  This usually affects the size (and quality) of the I-Frames - resulting in smaller packets carrying them. While it will likely degrade the quality of the stream images, and possibly introduce some other unwanted artifacts, it may be your only possible recourse.