[Live-devel] [External] Re: Randomly I Frame missed for high bitrate cameras

R, Ranjith Ranjith.R at Honeywell.com
Wed Jan 3 23:24:13 PST 2024

Hi Dan ,

I understand that increasing the compression rate will reduce the data size and issue may not occur.

As you said it will affect the quality of the image or decoding may take more time.

But I want to confirm where in Live555 code where the packet is getting discarded because of higher data size, even I increased the socket buffer size(2000000) still the issue exist.

One difference I see with this camera is for every I frame it is sending SDP parameters(SPS, PPS, SEI), whether that can cause any problem not sure.

Thanks and Regards,
Ranjith

-----Original Message-----
From: dan_desjardins <dan.desjardins at videstra.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 6:36 PM
To: LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use <live-devel at us.live555.com>
Cc: R, Ranjith <Ranjith.R at Honeywell.com>
Subject: RE: [Live-devel] [External] Re: Randomly I Frame missed for high bitrate cameras

[You don't often get email from dan.desjardins at videstra.com. Learn why this is important at https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

I apologize if this doesn't make sense in your implementation, but if the device mfg does not have (or want to give you) a way to slice large packets - another approach might be to set the compression on the camera much higher. I've not run into a camera or encoder that does not have some form of adjustable compression setting.  This usually affects the size (and quality) of the I-Frames - resulting in smaller packets carrying them. While it will likely degrade the quality of the stream images, and possibly introduce some other unwanted artifacts, it may be your only possible recourse.